Views: 25 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-03-16 Origin: Site
There are many types of globe valves, and there are many ways to classify them.
(1) Classification according to structural type
1. Upper thread stem globe valve. This type of globe valve is more commonly used. Its stem thread is outside the shell, not in direct contact with the working medium, so that the stem thread is not eroded by the medium, but also convenient for lubrication, operation is labor-saving, as shown in Figure 1.
2. Lower thread stem globe valve. The stem thread of this globe valve is inside the valve body, in direct contact with the medium, which not only cannot be lubricated, but is also susceptible to medium erosion, as shown in Figure 2. This structure of the globe valve is mostly used in places where the nominal size is relatively small and the working temperature of the medium is not high.
3. Straight-through globe valve. The inlet and outlet channels of the medium are in the same direction and are 180O, as shown in Figure 1 and Figure 2. This form of globe valve makes the degree of damage to the flow state relatively small, so the pressure loss through the valve is correspondingly reduced.
4. Angle globe valve. The inlet and outlet channels of the globe valve are not in the same direction to form a 90O right angle, as shown in Figure 3. This form of globe valve changes the flow direction of the medium passing through the valve, so a certain pressure drop occurs. The biggest advantage of the angle globe valve is that the valve can be installed in the corner of the pipeline system, which not only saves 90O elbow, but also facilitates operation. Such valves are widely used in synthetic ammonia production systems and refrigeration systems in fertilizer plants.
5. Three-way globe valve. Globe valve with three channels. It is usually used to change the direction of media flow and dispense the medium, as shown in Figure 4.
More details of globe valves, please go to https://www.mingpinmetals.com/Globe-Valve-pl3917724.html