Views: 12 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-08-12 Origin: Site
The stem axis of the globe valve is perpendicular to the sealing surface of the valve seat. The opening or closing stroke of the valve stem is relatively short, and it has a very reliable cut-off action, making this valve suitable for the cut-off or adjustment and throttling of the medium.
1. The structure of the globe valve is simpler than that of the gate valve, and it is more convenient to manufacture and maintain.
2. The sealing surface is not easy to wear and scratch, and the sealing performance is good. There is no relative sliding between the valve disc and the valve body sealing surface when opening and closing, so the wear and scratches are not serious, the sealing performance is good, and the service life is long.
3. When opening and closing, the disc stroke is small, so the height of the globe valve is smaller than that of the gate valve, but the structure length is longer than that of the gate valve.
4. The opening and closing torque is large, and the opening and closing is more laborious, long opening and closing time.
5. Because the medium passage in the valve body is relatively tortuous, the fluid resistance is large, and the power consumption is large.
6. Medium flow direction: When the nominal pressure PN≤16MPa, the downstream flow is generally adopted, and the medium flows upward from below the valve disc; when the nominal pressure PN≥20MPa, the reverse flow is generally adopted, and the medium flows downward from the top of the valve disc, in order to increase the seal performance. When in use, the globe valve medium can only flow in one direction and cannot change the direction of flow.
More details of globe valves, please go to https://www.mingpinmetals.com/Globe-Valve-pl3917724.html