Views: 25 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-08-11 Origin: Site
The advantages of ball valves are:
1. Has the lowest flow resistance (actually equivalent to only a section of round pipe of the same nominal size).
2. It can be reliably used in corrosive media and low-boiling liquids because it does not get stuck during operation (when there is no lubricant).
3. In a wide range of pressure and temperature, it can achieve complete sealing.
4. It can realize rapid opening and closing, and the opening and closing time of some structures is only 0.05~0.1s, so as to ensure that it can be used in the automation system of the test bench. When the valve is opened and closed quickly, there is no shock in operation.
5. The spherical closure can be automatically positioned at the boundary position.
6. The working medium can ensure reliable sealing at the inlet seal.
7. When fully open and fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and valve seat is isolated from the medium, and the medium passing through the valve at high speed will not cause erosion of the sealing surface.
8. With compact structure and light weight, it can be considered as the most reasonable valve structure for low temperature medium system.
9. The valve body is symmetrical, especially the welded body structure, which can withstand the stress from the pipeline well.
10. The closure can withstand high differential pressure when closed.
11. The ball valve with fully welded valve body can be directly buried in the ground, so that the valve internals will not be corroded, and the maximum service life can reach 30 years. It is the most ideal valve for oil and natural gas pipelines.
Because the ball valve has the above advantages, it has a wide range of applications, and the ball valve can be applied to:
1. Nominal size from DN8 to DN1500.
2. Nominal pressure from vacuum to PN420 (CL2500).
3. The working temperature is from -196~815o.
More details of ball valves, please go to https://www.mingpinmetals.com/Brass-Ball-Valve-pd49184955.html