Views:26 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-06-10 Origin:Site
The purpose of gate valve maintenance is to extend valve life and ensure reliable operation.
1. The thread of the valve stem often rubs against the stem nut, use a little yellow dry oil, molybdenum disulfide or graphite powder for lubrication. For valves that are not frequently opened and closed, turn the handwheel regularly, add lubricant to the valve stem to prevent seizure.
2. For outdoor valves, a protective sleeve should be added to the valve stem to prevent rain, snow, dust, and rust. If the valve is mechanically ready to move, lubricate the gearbox on time. Always keep the valve clean.
3. Always check and maintain the integrity of other parts of the valve. If the fixing nut of the handwheel falls off, it must be fully equipped. Otherwise, it will grind the four sides of the upper part of the valve stem, and gradually lose the reliability of coordination, and even fail to operate.
4. Do not rely on the valve to support other heavy objects, and do not stand on the valve.
5. The valve stem, especially the threaded part, should be wiped frequently, and the lubricant that has been soiled by dust should be replaced with a new one. Because the dust contains hard debris, it is easy to wear the thread and the surface of the valve stem and affect the service life.
More details of gate valves, please go to https://www.mingpinmetals.com/Gate-Valve-pl3117724.html