Views: 17 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-10 Origin: Site
Valve body and bonnet, as important parts of valve equipment, often lead to leakage due to improper disposal of valve manufacturers after sales. According to different types of valves, the causes of leakage of valve body and bonnet are listed as follows:
1. The quality of the castings is not high, and there are defects such as blisters, loose structures, and slag inclusions on the valve body and valve cover.
2. The temperature is too low to cause frost cracking.
3. Poor welding, there are defects such as slag inclusion, un-welded, stress cracks, etc.
4. The cast iron valve is hit by a heavy object.
Leakage treatment method of valve body and bonnet:
1. Improve casting quality, and conduct strength test in strict accordance with regulations before installation.
2. For valves with air temperature below 0O, heat preservation should be carried out, and the valves that are out of use should be drained of accumulated water.
3. The welding seam of the valve body and bonnet composed of welding shall be carried out according to the relevant welding operation regulations, and the flaw detection and strength test shall be carried out after welding.
4. It is forbidden to stack heavy objects on the valve, and it is not allowed to hit the cast iron and non-metallic valves with a hand hammer. The installation of large-diameter valves should have brackets.
More details of valves, please go to https://www.mingpinmetals.com/products.html