Views: 13 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-02-24 Origin: Site
The difference between gate valves in terms of structural form is mainly in the sealing element. Different sealing element forms can be divided into many different types, and the soft sealing gate valve is one of them. The advantage of soft sealing gate valve is that its sealing performance is good, and almost zero leakage can be achieved. When transporting toxic gases, this type of valve is the best choice.
Advantages of soft sealing gate valve:
1. The flow resistance is small, the medium channel inside the valve body is straight, the medium flows in a straight line, and the flow resistance is small.
2. It is easy to open and close. Compared with the globe valve, whether it is open or closed, the movement direction of the disc should be perpendicular to the flow direction of the medium.
3. Long opening and closing time. The opening and closing stroke of the disc is long, and the descending is carried out through the screw.
4. Water hammer is less likely to occur because of the long closing time.
5. The medium can flow in any direction on both sides, easy to install, and the gate valve channel is symmetrical on both sides.
6. The length of face to face is short.
7. The shape is simple and length of the structure is short, meanwhile manufacturing process is good, then the scope of application is wide.
8. Good sealing performance is the most prominent advantage of soft sealing gate valve, and the sealing surface is not easy to be eroded in the fully open state, and the service life is longer.
More details of gate valves, please go to https://www.mingpinmetals.com/Gate-Valve-pl3117724.html